Every year I make a New Years resolution, or even a few of them.
But this year is different.
Everytime I see or hear the word resolution I think of finding the resolution to a problem. I’m not a problem. I’m not trying to resolve myself! I’m just a human who wants to changer herself for the better. I just want to be the best I can be. For a lot of people, the New Year is the excuse to do that. I am one of these people.
My 2016 GOALS:
1. Drink more water. I have been doing better with this, but I’m still not where I want to be. I have an app to help me keep track, and I want to try and achieve at least 60 fl. oz. every day.
2. Exercise more. Yeah, this couldn’t be anymore typical, but ever since I’ve started college I’ve felt too busy to work out. I know I can make some time. (I’m running a 5k tonight so that’s a great start!) I still need to figure out where in my schedule I can put working out!
3. Get good grades and focus more on studying than Netflix. I got all A’s for my first college semester, but I have spring and the 2016 fall semester next year. I tend to study and watch Netflix at the same time and I think I might do better without the Netflix part of that equation. Yeah I got good grades last semester, but my classes are going to be harder and I work more hours.
4. Be a better girlfriend. My boyfriend is going through so much right now and I just want to make him feel safe and comfortable and loved. I want to stop blaming myself for his problems and I want to stop getting upset over silly things. This month has been huge for us, we really started to figure things out better so I’m hoping that we can go nowhere but up.
5. Blog more regularly. I kinda fell off the blogosphere for 3 months. I had a great 3 months in the summer, then I got to the 3 months of college and disappeared. I was just so busy and learning new things about the world and myself and didn’t keep up with this blog like I should’ve. I do understand that I will have times where I am busy, but I hope that I can at least make regular posts.
Onto part 2 of this post!
How to keep your New Years resolutions/goals!
1. Hand write your goal. Yeah, typing helps too, but if you hand write them in your planner, or on a sticky note or just somewhere where you will see it EVERY DAY (or at least regularly) helps.
2. Make sure your goal is realistic. If your goals are not realistic, your going to be disappointed when you don’t reach them. So save that 1,000,000 follower goal for next year, folks.
3. Make sure you really want it. Don’t make a goal that you “should” want or “should” do. You need to be 100% sure it’s what you want.
4. Be prepared to change other habits. Sometimes, in order to make a new goal, you must get rid of a habit that gets in the way of that goal. Be prepared for that!
5. Forgive yourself! Slipping is a part of the process. If you eat a little too much chocolate when you limited yourself to 1 piece a day, don’t give up on your goal. Waiting until next year is not the only solution. Get back on the train and keep going!
6. More specific goals tend to be better! When you say “work out more” what do you mean? What is working out more to you? Does that mean going to the gym at 7pm Monday’s and Wednesday’s? Or does it mean something else? Be specific with yourself!
Hopefully some of these tips are useful!
So my plans for tonight are to run that 5k, and to go to my boyfriends work (Taco Bell) because he’s working the night shift, and have a party there xD
I hope you guys have a Happy New Year! Here’s to 2016!