The holidays are a great time to have fun and celebrate with your friends, but bad things can happen.
I’m not going to lecture about drinking or anything (I’m sure you all know how to drink safely), but I do have some tips to help keep you safe during New Years!
- Be careful driving. There are always people out there who don’t understand the dangers of drinking and driving and there’s always people who think they are invincible. Make sure your aware of your surroundings.
- Use the buddy system. Make sure you have friends with you if you plan on having a night out! Always stay with a group.
- Keep your cell phone or a communication device on you. This will be important to call a friend/family member/ or authorities if something does go wrong.
- Leave the fireworks to professionals. (If your state/country/region allows fireworks!)
- Pets can be startled by fireworks/loud noises. This can cause them to run into the street, or other places they shouldn’t be! Be careful when driving in neighborhoods, and also keep an eye on your pets if you have them!
I hope everyone has a fun (and safe!) New Years Eve! Wishing you all the best in 2017!