Yes, I realize I am currently writing this minutes before July 5th, but no matter what happens we are just going to pretend that it is being posted on July 4th.
Happy 4th of July to my fellow American readers! I hope you guys had a fantastic and safe day!
And as to the rest of you, well, I hope the same thing!
America is a great country that I’m extremely blessed to live in. Though we complain all the time, it truly is a great place! We tend to get so caught up in politics, society, selfishness, obesity, greed, and all the problems with the nation that we tend to look over the beautiful things our country has to offer. So here’s a list I made of some things I love about America.
Reasons Why I Love America:
1. The American Dream – The work ethic of Americans continues to keep the ‘American Dream’ alive.
2. People are friendly!
3. Freedom of Speech
4. Freedom of Religion
5. Free refills
6. Unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks at Olive Garden
7. Hollywood movies
8. Instant oatmeal
9. Change is possible- the Civil Rights Movement was only around 60 years ago and now we have an African-American president.
10. Weird food combos- bacon wrapped hamburgers, what could make it more American?!
11. Pep Rallies
12. Suing people for everything!!! (I just find it so amusing…)
13. Driving enormous cars
14. Driving expensive cars
15. Spray Cheese
16. Variety of Cultures- I love how you can find so many people of different backgrounds and cultures!
So I came up with 17 reasons to love America, but there’s so many more! I’m just tired and can’t think of anymore.
Generally, America is a brilliant country. We have so much that other countries don’t. Sure, we are far from the perfect nation, but that doesn’t mean I’m not proud! I’m proud to be an American. I know I have the opportunity to be whoever I want and to live however I choose. I’m grateful that when I decide to have kids, they will also be able to choose their own path.
Happy 4th Of July everyone!